How to have 2 borders perfectly joined ?

Hi,
With CC3, I designed an island and want, for example, that a mountain fall directly in the sea.

I've have great difficulty to have the mountain border perfectly fit with the coast. If the coast is very irregular, It's near impossible to use the attach mode "nearest point ON" during the mountain drawing as you may jump over an irregularity.

Have I miss a CC3's functionnality ?

Comments

• I have a tutorial for making map edges match.

joining map edges

it presumes square map edges, but might still be able to use it.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Hmm. If I understand your problem, I believe you are after the trace functionality.

If you draw one shape (say a landmass), and you need another shape to follow it exactly, you can use trace.

1. Draw your landmass
    2. Select a terrain drawing tool
    3. Start by placing the first point somewhere inland. Do not try to place the first point at the coast line itself.
    4. Notice that the command line at the bottom gives you, among others, an option "T - Trace". Hit the T key to start tracing.
    5. Now, it tells you to select the entity to trace. Click on a point on your coastline where your terrain tool should be edge-to-edge with the coastline.
    6. Now, it asks for a starting point. Click on your coastline to provide the starting point.
    7. Now, it wants an ending point.
    8. Place the rest of your inland nodes.
    9. Right click to finish drawing as usual.

@JimP:
    You have a broken link at your site. When you click your png to go to the next tutorial page, you get a 404 error.
  • @Monsen: Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I need.
    I've missed this functionnality.

Have a nice day, regards.
  • Thanks. They all work now. No idea how they got changed.