Removing PNG file after trace

Ok trying to start mapping again with CC3. It has been a long time since I have used this programs and really only know some of the basics. What I need help with is I have imported a map in cc3 from a png file. I have retraced over all the land masses. What I need to do is get rid of the file the map I just imported so I will only have the land masses. I have tried to hide the background layer with no success . I have not has any luck with this so far, bad part is I remember do this once before I can just can not figure it out.

Thanks for the help

Viking

Comments

• well if you added the png file to a seperate layer in sheets and effects all you would need to do is hide the layer. Which is done by clicking the box to the right. Otherwise I do not know how to delete the png file.
  • I put my import png/bmp on a bmp layer.

When i am done tracing i go into the layer dialog.

Select the bmp layer, and hide freeze all other layers.

Erase the bmp/png.

Save the map.

Done.
  • Ok looks like I have to start over than. I just imported into the background layer. I knew I was forgetting something.

Thanks

Viking
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    No need to start over. It is a simple matter to move an image to a different layer/sheet, or to delete it. If you are unable to select the image directly (because you end up selecting other items as well), try hiding other sheets and/or layers to temporarily to be able to select it properly, or use the LIST command (Info menu -> List) to get the "tag #" of the image, and when selecting the items to move/delete, instead of clicing in the drawing to select anyting, just right click -> More -> Entity tag #, and input the tag belonging to the image.
  • Well I manage to get the file remove. I think one of my attempts to copy and paste to a new window work. When I booted up the CC3 there it was.

Viking
  • I like to create a sheet called IMAGE on top of the BACKGROUND sheet (right below it in the sheet list) and put my PNGs on that. That way, I can hide the IMAGE sheet if I don't want to see the image, or just delete the IMAGE sheet (which gets rid of all the entities on that sheet including the PNG) when I'm done with it.