Text along a line

Hi all I did a search for this problem and it seems I'm not the only one who has this problem but I couldn't find an answer that worked.

Basically instead of an arch, my line is a shallow U shape, but text along a line (whichever way I draw the arc) wants to write the text back to front as in a mirror. How can I get the text to follow the arc but read from left to right?

Thanks

Ab

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I believe this is caused by the way the arc tool works. No matter the order you place your points, it is always drawn clockwise around a circle.
    To fix this, either use another drawing tool, or change your arc to a path (LTP2 command), and then possibly mirror it if required (MIRROR command).
  • Monsen thanks again, you are fast becoming my go to man on questions regarding CC3 - thanks as ever.

Its a shame some of these questions aren't written down somewhere, trouble is I know so much of how CC2 works, but some things like this I've either forgotten or are now different. Still thanks for your patience once again. Loving using CC3 I have to say.

Ab
  • I thought only a few things were different between CC2 and CC3. Basic commands stayed the same.