Circle tool drawing floor or walls

I'm having issues with the circle drawing tool. I will select "floor" (DD3 icon, on left by default) then I will right click the draw circle, select the 2 point. When I select the 2 points the circle is drawn and will be a wall/outline, not a solid floor.

At one point I had the opposite problem and it was doing a floor and not a wall that I wanted to draw. Obviously I am doing something wrong but can't figure it out.

Comments

• Make sure your fill style, FS, on the upper right of CC3 is set to solid, not hollow.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Selecting a drawing tool (left side toolbars) isn't compatible with using the basic tools on right side toolbars. Once you select anything from the right toolbar, your drawing tool is canceled, and the settings reverted back to whatever they were before you selected your drawing tools. If you need a circular room, click the room button, set the options for what entities you need (floors and wall), and select the fill style for each. Then select the circular room, ok, then draw it.

If you wish to use the basic circle, you need to set fill styles manually by clicking the Fill Style (FS) indicator, and selecting the desired fill (or extract these properties from an existing entity). Note that the basic circle only draws one entity. It cannot draw both a floor and a wall in the same operation.

The third option is to create a new drawing tool that is a circle. Click "All drawing tools", then "Advanced >>", then select an appropriate drawing tool as a starting point, then click new (this will create a copy of the selected drawing tool), then edit the draw method for your new drawing tool to "ellipse/circle"
  • Thanks for the information, it's worked perfectly following your directions.