Making default terrain fade

'Ello everyone

Just earlier this day i discovered CC3 - which i at the time did not know what was - on my friends computer who is out travelling. Long story short, since early this morning i've been playing around with it, and im definetly in love. Im SO getting this!

To the point: I've watched the tutorials, and searched the forums, but have been unable to find an answer for something that've been bugging me down. I cant seem to find a way to make default terrain, such as desert fade or glow like other objects, how is this done?. Also is there any way to attach terrain and make it follow a coastline?. I does look rather stupid having desert up untill 40 miles of the coast.
Thanks alot! :)

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: gufbergI cant seem to find a way to make default terrain, such as desert fade or glow like other objects, how is this done?
    Sheet effects. Click the Sheets and Effects image button to see the list of sheets. In the default map style, terrain features and up on the "LAND FEATURES" sheet.

Posted By: gufbergAlso is there any way to attach terrain and make it follow a coastline
    Look at the command line when drawing. After placing the first point when using the terrin drawing tool, it offers you the option T - Trace. Hit t on the keyboard, select the costline, then select start and ending points on the coastline for the trace, and the terrain will follow the coastline perfectly.
  • Thanks Monsen. I've tried that now, but it doesn't seem to work.

Found this thread (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10196-How-to-TRACE-in-CC3), with another person being incapable of doing it. Could it be a bug?

What i do:
    1). Choose my default terrain
    2). Click the 'on' point so it'll attach to the coastline
    3). I click 't' (i dont press enter, cause then it just backs out of the lineing entirely)
    4). I click on the points around the map in which i want my line to go, if i press enter at this stage, the 'trace' function seems to take effect, and makes the terrain i've chosen, but it doesnt 'trace' itself along the coast at all.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1. Correct
    2. No, do not touch the modifiers. They are not needed for the trace feature. Instead, make sure that the first point you place are NOT on the coastline (Start somewhere inland, not along the trace)
    3. Correct (including the no enter part)
    4. After pressing t, CC3's command line should change to read "entity to trace". No click on the entity (again, do NOT use the modifiers like endpoint,midpoint,etc). This first click should be on any part of the coastline that the trace will go along. The exact location does not matter. The command line should change to "starting point of portion". Now click where the trace should start. Again, do NOT use the modifiers. You don't even need to click on the coastline at all, since we have already told CC3 which line we wish to trace along, it will find the closest starting point on the coastline to where you clicked. The command prompt should change again, this time requesting an ending point along the coast. This behaves the same as for the starting point you just placed. Now place the rest of the inland points normally, and right click to finish.
  • And make sure snap is off when you trace.