Campaign Cartographer entry @ wikipedia

Has anyone looked at the Campagn Cartographer entry @ wikipedia?

Campaign Cartographer entry @ wikipedia

I think that this is a vastly underused resource. If others are like me, they use wikipedia A LOT! And, even though it is community driven (and that usually means the product owner), its seems like its more accurate then the polished "corporate" site.

The image is a CC2 map .... there is only one link to a review .... it says "Dungeon Designer 3 is a PC-based program ..." instead of calling it an add-on.

Wouldn't it be great if we, as a community, took responsibility for the CC3 entry - maybe splitting off DD3 etc. as separate pages - maybe a history of the product ... maybe a page for ProFantasy, the company.

There is a link at the bottom to AutoREALM and that programs page is even sparser than CC3's. Fractal Mapper & Dundjinni are not even listed.

(Maybe we should create sparse pages for Fractal Mapper & Dundjinni so our great page will shine the brighter in comparison.)

Well, are there any professional Web Designers or Writers our there in our community?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    It would be great if someone from the community updated the CC3 entry at Wikipedia, as the developers we were hesistant to do it ourselves - it's not supposed to be advertisement after all. We'd be happy to supply example maps.
  • saunderlsaunderl Traveler
    Would it be possible to get a history of the product, and some statistics like (how many symbols, tools, etc.) from ProFantasy so that it can be added to the Wiki?
    You'll find some general info and history here.

The overview and detail pages of the individual products contain numbers of the symbols included.

CC3
    CC3 includes 300 new smart symbols created by artist Dave Allsop plus variations giving over 900 new symbols in all. The free CC3 Update 8 adds another 600 new symbols or so.

CD3
    City Designer 3 is the add-on to CC3 for drawing settlements of any size. It contains more than 2,000 Smart Symbols plus powerful, completely new tools and dialog boxes such as House Builder, Street Builder, Street Indexer, and automatic Floorplan Creator.

DD3
    Dungeon Designer 3 has symbol catalogs for detailed, simple and tiled designing. In total there are more than 1000 symbols. Creating new symbols is straight forward, either with CC3, or in most other graphics programs. Categories include Traps, Up and Down, Debris, Containers and Treasure and Wall Features. Symbols are smart, so a door can align to and cut a wall, and rocks will rotate, scale and be selected randomly.

SS1
    ProFantasy's Symbol Set 1, Fantasy Overland, adds four fabulous new symbol styles to CC3. There are more than 2,500 new symbols in SS1, each one painstakingly crafted by expert fantasy artists

SS2
    Symbol Set 2: Fantasy Floorplans will give an attractive new look to your campaign that will amaze your players. Fantasy Floorplans expands CC3 with over 2500 amazing new symbols in four distinctive styles.
  • saunderlsaunderl Traveler
    Wow, I've never seen that page!
    That's no surprise, since it's not been generally available before. :) It's been part of our retailer info page before, and I stripped the retailer-specific information for this version.
  • 2 months later
  • I added a little more info to the Wiki page.

If you have any other info you would like added, please post it here and I'll see what I can do.

I'd also like to add links to Joe Sweeney's Tutorials, Shessar's SMAC webpage and any others that people suggest.
  • 1 month later
  • Can I use maps from the "Library" to add to the Wiki page? They either need to be 'Public Domain' or I need the authors permission. Does anyone have nice examples from the various add-ons that they would donate? Thanks.