Erase function does not work

The erase function does not work. All of the other ones are ok. When I click on the pencil and rubber nothing happens.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Comments

• Make sure the item you next select isn't frozen. Check the layer dialogue for that.
  • paulpaul Newcomer
    JimP

How do I check whether it is frozen or not? How do I check the layer dialogue?

I have tried this function on a number of different maps, and it is the same with them all. When i click on the erase button it depressed, but when I the cursor on the map there is no outline. And when I click nothing happens. It looks as if this paticular function has been disconnected?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: paulHow do I check whether it is frozen or not? How do I check the layer dialogue?
    Click the Layer indicator in the status bar (The one starting with an L: followed by the name of the current layer). An "F" in the third box for any given layer means that it is frozen.

If it doesn't work, it sounds like the issue might be something else. What does the status line say after you press the erase button? It should say "Select entities (0 picked)[Dialog]". If it doesn't, the most probable problem is that your selection method is messed up. Try typing SELBYD (and hit enter) on the command line (Might need to hit ESC first to stop any commands currrently in progress). (Or Tools -> Options -> Select Method -> Dialog or Popup). Then try the erase button again