Symbol Origins

After importing pngs into the symbol manager, is there a way to change the origin of a single symbol?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Only through editing the symbol. I do the following:

- Open Symbol Manager and EDIT the symbol in question.
    - Choose the Move command, select all, Do It.
    - As the Move From point, choose the new origin you want.
    - As the destination, type in 0,0.
    - Close the editing Window and accept the changes.

The symbol now has the new origin. Be aware that this will affect all existing symbols in the drawing.

Hope that helps.
  • That is exactly what I needed. Thanks Ralf!
  • Or...
    - Open Symbol Manager and EDIT the symbol in question.
    - Use the ORIGIN command and select the wanted origin point.
    - Close the editing Window and accept the changes.
    edited July 2010
    Using ORIGIN in the Symbol edit window is not recommended. It might confuse the origin in the main map.

Note: It looks like I am misremembering this. Using Origin in the Symbol Edit should work fine. If anyone experiences problems with it, let me know.
  • Used it a lot of time. No problem.

I always believed the symbol edit window was like another CC3 instance. Pry tell me if I'm wrong.

I've had my lot of CC3 crashes with Symbol Edit, but as far as I can remember not with the origin thing.
    Posted By: Joachim de Ravenbel
    I always believed the symbol edit window was like another CC3 instance. Pry tell me if I'm wrong.
    Not quite. It behaves similarly, but it's an editing window /within/ an existing CC3 instance. Some things do affect the rest of the map beyond the symbol, e.g. if you delete a layer from within the symbol editor, it will be gone for the whole map.
  • Posted By: Ralfif you delete a layer from within the symbol editor, it will be gone for the whole map.
    That's worth knowing. Thanks.