Imported symbols and Blur effect

Greetings all. Working a bit with symbols and effects, i just was trying some effects on recently downloaded building symbols. I found two weird things that i´m not sure they work as pretended.

First, i wanted to get some transparences off them, as the buildings had a white blackground i didn´t like. I imported the PNGs putting the white as transparent, and before the effects hit on, it worked perfectly. But when i wanted to add the effect ... boom the white parts came in again. It was kinda frustrating specially on a tower (it was a circle). I was putting the buildings on the BUILDINGS sheet.

Second, i put a 0.5 Blur effect on buildings that mix them better into the map, specially on close views. I can do it with CC3 buildings but cannot with imported symbols. Is there any reason for such?

Thanks in advance. Oh, the buildings come from the Vintyri Pryect (http://www.vintyri.com/vintyri/vccindex.htm), they were made for Dundjinni and FM8 but i transformed them in PNGs (the ones that needed it) using Image Converter Plus, so i was told they could work in CD3 aswell.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Make sure your new buildings are on the same sheet as the CD3 buildings. Do a LIST command to check or go through your sheets one by one, hiding all others, to see where things are located. Hope that helps.
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    I had to use Photoshop for taking the transparences in and out, this way it´s working. As it didn´t work the "white as transparent" thingie - it works for showing pictures, but it doesn´t cheat effects - this is the only way i can find that works. Thanks in anyways Ralf for the answer.