Character Artist Pro examples

RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
We've converted the large number of Character Artist Pro examples (not included in the compatibility update) to sheet-using CC3 versions. They are available from the Downloads tab of the registration page, if you've registered Character Artist. Enjoy!

Comments

• 6 days later
  • Are there supposed to be any sheet effects included with this update? I couldn't see any difference in the examples between sheets on and sheets off.

Gavin
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    No, no sheet effects are included. Symbols are just organized on sheets.
  • 2 years later
  • I have CA registered but did not find the Examples download. What am I doing wrong?
    Please check back on the registration page. They should be available now.
  • edited November 2012
    I've run this several times as an administrator and I cannot find any files that it installs anywhere in the CC3 folders. Any idea what's wrong?

ETA: I figured it out. I was looking for files that were dated today and when I opened the downloaded file in WinZip I figured out that the files were all older.
  • Thanks, Ralf. I downloaded and installed the example files. This does open up a new can of worms for me, however... the examples seem to have access to symbols I do not. Is this intended, or is my CA installation missing symbols?
    Can you give me an example of what symbol(s) might be missing?
  • 6 days later
  • Thanks for asking! I wish I could list them all for you, but right now I can't do that. For now, I'll just throw out some example from the folder "Ians Characters". I'll pick "Arribyanai Noble.FCW". OK, opened... and right off the bat I note I don't recognize the hair. According to the Symbol Manager this is "HMH Hair v 5 C242".

All right, now I'll open another file semi-randomly. I choose "Boralgim.FCW". So straight away, the beard jumps out at me as something I definitely do not have. According to the Symbol Manager this is "DMH Facial Hair v h C145".

One more for good measure: "Wizard Fire Elementalist.FCW". I don't have the hair (HFH Hair v f C243), but lest we think this is only limited to head items I'll add that I also don't have the coat (HFT Coat v C154).

Why the difference? Are the example files known to use non-stock symbols, or is my install borked?
    You should definitely have those symbols. Are you expanding the symbol collections to see all available symbols? Click the little + in the symbol corner to do so.

For example to find "HMH Hair v 5 C242", switch to the Human, Male symbols and load the heads catalog. Click on the + on the hair symbol. You can see the symbol in the upper right corner in the attached screenshot.

For the dwarf beard: Male > Dwarf > Head catalog, open the Facial Hair group.
    For the wizard robe: Female > Human > Torso catalog, the Coat is right there, after the bras.

If these aren't there in your catalogs, your CA install is definitely wrong. Have you tried reinstalling the CA Pro compatibility update?
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks, Ralf. That was totally it. I guess I hadn't made it far enough through the tutorials/manuals to learn that helpful item.

I love when perceived problems are really just learning opportunities. =D