Land, Sea and coastline

Hi all!
This is my first topic :)
I have been checking all topics, tutorials and made some searchs here, but i could not find what i am looking for.

I would like to create some sort of island and have different colors for the coastline depth.
Lets say 0-2 miles from coast a light blue, 2-4 medium blue and 4-6 a dark blue... the rest of the ocean should be a darker blue.

I made it using sheets and blur, but doing this take all my sea texture to a plain blue color.

You guys should be able to see this in the picture i am sending.

Thanks alot and i am glad to join you guys.

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited May 2010
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The problem is the Blur effect on the Sea, it washes out the texture. My first rule for sheet effects: Don't use a Blur on bitmap fills.

Open up your sheet effects and delete the Blur on the sea sheet (probably CONTOURS SEA or some such). If you want to have a slow transition between the contours, use a Edge Fade Inner effect instead.

Hope that helps!
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    I actually like more your sea than anyone´s. It looks more realistic. But what Ralf posts is true, Edge fade Inner works well in transitions if you want bitmaps.

Also, you can first all your Blur and then use something like Photshop for adding a sea texture. it just takes more effort for a small significant improvement.
  • Thanks JimP!
    I am trying to get those textures and figure it out, i started to use CC3 yesterday, so i am not that experienced :|

Thanks about the tips, but i got a second problem, in my sheets when i click in LANDS and then try to ADD a effect i dont have that Edge Fade Inner, i only get the Edge Fade, am i doing something wrong?

Once again, thanks alot :)
  • I don't use the effects, so other folks will have to answer that.

The bitmap fills have to be in the path the template expects them to be. Otherwise you will get large red Xs in your map, meaning that CC3 cannot find the bitmap textures where it expects them.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: Olivete
    Thanks about the tips, but i got a second problem, in my sheets when i click in LANDS and then try to ADD a effect i dont have that Edge Fade Inner, i only get the Edge Fade, am i doing something wrong?
    Have you installed the latest patch (Update 8)? It's available from the registration page.
  • No Ralf, i will try do download it.
    Thanks alot!!!