Text Blocked by Objects

Greetings and salutations, fellows who I suspect are infinitely more adept at this conflabbit program-a-ma-doodle than I am! I won't beat around the bush about it: I have no idea what I'm doing with CC3 and am for the most part inept at using it, but my gaming pals swear by it as if it were the Map Making Bible itself. I recently invested in the program on a whim and I thoroughly enjoy tinkering with it. However, I've come up against a (suspected) minor issue with which I just seem incapable of solving.

My inquiry is rather simple. You see, I can't seem to place text over objects like mountains and buildings and such. The aforementioned objects "bury" the text any time I place it on the objects in question (if that makes any sense), making it otherwise illegible. Is there a way in which I can have my text "overlap" objects and whatnot?

As an addendum, if this is the wrong area to post this sort of question in, I would like to apologize in advance.

Comments

• Sheets.

Make sure the sheet you have selected is text for all text/labels.

The basic list I have for overland is something like this: ( I didn't include all sheets.)

sea
    sea contours
    land
    land contours
    rivers
    roads
    symbols
    text
    map border

So when you place text on the text sheet, the text will be on top of the buildings.

Yes, sea sheet is at the bottom showing on the map, while map border is on the top. You can move the sheets up and down the list on the sheet requestor.