Problem With Fonts

Hi All,

I've been using CC3 this evening to create a new map and a new strange bug seems to be happening. When i try and change the font it just wont let me select one. Anyone got any ideas ?

Regards...

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    hmm. I haven't seen that issue before, unfortunately. Are you using the latest update (Currently update 8 - Brings CC3 up to V3.40)
  • DargurdDargurd Traveler
    Yes i am. Its only started doing it last night. Ive not modified anything in a long time, not installed anything new on the system and everything else seems to be working fine.
  • It's possible that your selection method has gotten messed up. Just type "selbyd" (no quotes) on the command line and hit return. Alternately, from the menus, Tools>Options... gets you a dialog box, click on the "Select Method" button and change it to "Dialog or Popup."

The selection method occasionally gets messed up when a macro or command doesn't complete correctly. I'm guessing that this might be why the text selection isn't working.

Steve
    OK i've tried that and still no joy :-( Any other ideas ?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Just to clarify a little here. You say you cannot select one when you try to change the font. Exactly what is it you can't select here.
    Are you unable to select the text you wish to change, or are you unable to actually click on a new font in the list of fonts in the Text Properties box, or are you able to select a new font in the list, but nothing happens when you click ok?

If you cannot select the text to change, make sure you click on the baseline of the text when selecting it, and that the text is not on a frozen layer. Also make sure you use the "Numeric Edit" tool to change the font, and not the "change properties" you use on other objects.
    Also, assuming that this didn't help, what happens if you start a new blank map, and try to change the text there? Does that work? Is the problem both when you are creating a new text, and set the font upon creation and if you try to change the font of an existing text, or does it only happen in one of the cases?
    OK - bizarrely ive just logged back in to try Monson's ideas and its all working again - absolutely bizarre !! Not changed anything, or done anything with the software and now it works.

Thanks for the help but im really not sure what just happened...
  • 1 month later
  • Guys,

I'm having exactly the same issue, clean installation patched to 3.40. When I bring up the text properties box, I can change all the options, except select a different font, I can scroll through the available list of fonts, but am unableto select any of them. All text is stuck in ariel.

Mel
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited June 2010
    Please try to run the Update 8 again. Can you click "More fonts" and select a new type from there?

Note: I deleted the separate thread posing the same question.
  • Ralf

reapplied patch 8 - no joy.

Rebuilt system, clean copy of windows xp and clean install of CC3 no joy. can open the dialogue box, can't select any fonts

Mel
  • Hi Ralf

Everything unchecked.

Partioned hard drive and installed Windows 7 Enterprise. Clean install of CC3, no patch. Low and behold i can select the blessed fonts!!!!
    On a roll, so tried to install the patch, after an hour the patch was stuck in some kind of loop, and refusing to install.
    Going to re-download the patch, perhaps something went subtly wrong in the original download.

BTW, unpatched app appears to work fine on Windows 7.

Mel
  • Hi Ralf

Re-downloaded the patch, applied and everything seems to be working. Will try on the xp partition.

Cheers

Mel
  • Ok starting to get irritated. launched CC3 and lo and behold I can't select any fonts. Unistalling and then re-installing the app doesn't make any difference. The only change of build is that I installed Visual studio 2008.

Any suggestions????

Mel
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I've taken this to email.
  • 2 years later
  • I am having the same issue. I can bring up the list of fonts in the text properties window but I can not select any of them (clicking anywhere in the font box does not select the font I click on). Did this ever get solved?