Texture overblend loses outline in black

hello,

I've got a problem I can't seem to fix. I'm working on a city in a cave (underdark). I've got some plateau/raised areas with cliffs and such on them. I like the effect of adding a texture overblend to the stone background of the city, it makes it look broken and has a nice effect. I have all the stalagtites, plateaus, cliffs and other bitmaps 'outlined in black' because it makes the various contours stand out more.

But, when I added the texture overblend (stone 3.png or any other) to the specific area (like a plateau) for some reason I can no longer see the 'outline in black' and it ruins the strength of the contour effect, though I really like the effect of the texture overblend. When I do a redraw the black outline shows up during the redraw but then is covered up again by the texture overblend.

Is there anyway to keep the 'outline in black' with the texture overblend? I've been trying edge fades and other effects but nothing seems to work, to be able to have both would make it an amazing visual effect that would make the contours much sharper (which is nice) and also make the floors of the cave city seem broken and thus really show the visual need for roads and such....thanks! If necessary I can upload some .jpgs of the two different effects to show what I am talking about.

Comments