Vote for your favorite Annual Issue

Here is the shortlist of nominated favorite Annual Issues. We've limited the selection to entries with at least 4 nominations to keep it simple.

1. Style Pack Mercator Historical (January 2007)
2. Style Pack John Speed City (February 2007)
3. Tool Pack Parchment Templates (June 2007)
4. Tutorial Creating a Style Pack (December 2007)
5. Style Pack Pete Fenlon Maps (January 2008)
6. Tool Pack Lighted Dungeons (July 2008)
7. Style Pack Star Systems (October 2008)
8. Style Pack Fantasy Realms (February 2009)

We'll leave the vote open until the next issue is released. I'm looking forward to see what's been your favorite Annual issue so far.

Comments

• DrammattexDrammattex Betatester
    Absolutely love John Speed style and Mercator. Tough choice there, but in the end it's the John Speed stuff that's made me happiest. I'd love to see an expansion for it.
  • It feels kind of sad to be voting for issue 1 2007 - the very first issue, but in truth it came out at just the time I had started setting up for a 1600s era game - the perfect tool at the perfect time.

The other sets nominated were also very good, though my second favorite has been skipped - the strip maps from 2009. That one left me going 'why the Hell didn't I think of those before? Perfect!' I felt like such a ninny for forgetting strip maps that I went and hollered about them on several forums. I have been using that tool ever since.

The Auld Grump
  • bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    oh yes! Strip maps! those are fun to make, easy to read and very very useful in games. For me the toss up was lighted dungeons and John Speed. I ended up picking John Speed because I'm really proud of all the John Speed maps I've made. Easy and effective.
  • Oh, I wanted to vote for several of those. Oh well. I voted for one.
  • A very difficult choice as there have been so many great issues and how do you compare excellent ideas in overland maps to new features in Dungeon settings or buildings with lighting effects? I felt a bit sad and unfaithful in not voting for three or for on this list that really inspired me to develop some lovely maps.

In the end I voted for the one I've used the most....
  • 17 days later
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited May 2010
    Thanks everybody for giving your opinion and your vote.

I am not surprised Pete Fenlon's style came out as the favorite Annual. I myself was hard pressed to decide between this and the Mercator style - and I opted only for the latter, because it was the very first style I created for the Annuals - pure nostalgia if you will.