Changing the ground colour

I have created a map of Spain, including rivers and major towns. I have also experimented with "glow" effect. Now I want to tackle the hills.

I want to make the hills the same colour as the land colour, and show the contours by using a darker shade of the same colour with the "glow" effect. However I can not find any suitable colour in the options available.

I would like to change the basic ground colour to one of the available greens, and use a slightly darker one for the contour line.

Is it possible to do this without losing the rivers, towns and "glow" effect I already have on the map?

I am a new comer to CC3, and not finding it easy to master. So I would appreciate simple, step by step instructions.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Paul, you can define your own colors in the color palette.

- Click the color square in the properties toolbar on top of the screen.
    - Select a color you want to replace (ideally taking one you're sure you don't want in the map.
    - Click Define Color
    - Select your color from the Windows color selection dialog and click ok.
    - Now the color entry in the CC3 palette shows the newly defined color.

To make this change permanent for all your maps, do "Save Custom PAL" from the color dialog.

To make the change permanent for the specific map only, go to File > Drawing Properties, and click "Attach to drawing".

You can now add a new glow to the sheet in question, and select the new color for it. If you don't want to affect any existing sheets, create a new one, put the contours on that sheet and then add the glow.

Hope that helps!