Modifiers broken

You might see this a second time, this came up when I was trying to follow Monsen's help in my texture alignment question.

Modifiers seem to not be working for me. I went back to very basic stuff and tried to follow the example in the "Modifiers toolbar" page in the online help.

1. Click Line [ICON], the prompt reads "1st point:". - This works
2. Click Endpoint [ICON]. - This does not, the command ends, and the prompt again reads "Command [LINE]:"
3. Click a point on the line, near, but not on the end. - Not so much.

When I click on the modifier button it ends the current command. If for example I'm drawing a smooth path (as in Joe's tutorial) as soon as I click it ends at the last point I had clicked. This is the same behavior I get if I click a different drawing tool. If I simply click in the tool bar, but not on a button the line doesn't end and I can go on.

I can use the attach button and do a whole series of properly attached lines, but all the individual buttons seems to end the command instantly.

I think this used to work for me. A month ago when I had just CC3 installed I went through Joe Sweeney's overland tutorials and don't remember this not working. I'm not sure if this is a side effect of of installing a bunch more stuff, or tweaking the menus to add buttons for the CSUAC. What ever it is it's very frustrating.

Any ideas what I should look at?

Comments

• And now they work for me. After closing and reopening the app and starting from a completely new map the modifiers again work. Neither of those worked on their own, but both together did. Now I can open the maps where it didn't work before and it works again.

So there you go. If this happens to you close and reopen CC3 then start a new map, try them, then go on.
  • The problem was probably related to a macro that didn't end correctly (i.e. it encountered an error like trying to divide by zero). If a macro doesn't end correctly, it can leave the default settings in a mess (such as selecting method, attachment method, or modifiers). As you mentioned, restarting CC3 and starting a new map usually solves the problem. Just wanted the add some info to the mix.