Export as jpg - result is "textured" but viewed on screen is not

Hi all, I've got another wierd one here.

Trying to save my map as a JPG was crashing - so I upgraded to the latest version and it now saves without crashing but the result is "textured". There is a small repeating tiled pattern running accross my whole image. It is extremely prominent in both the water and the grass areas. There might be one too on the roads but it is harder to see there.

This looks terrible and it does not appear at all when I view the map in CC3 - it only appears when I save as a JPG.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

(I don't know if this happened with the previous version or not - today is the first time I've tried to export my results on this map.)

Comments

• Ok, a bit more investigation shows that the water and the background do actually have a texture set...but it doesn't show up at all when viewing the map on screen. I turned the texture up to a big size and things look better, although I really don't understand why I don't see it until I export!

I find this very worrying, not to mention awkward as I can't see my end result until I export and view it in a picture browser!

...and things just got wierder... I tried to add a filter on to blur the textured layer and it then went back to being the tiny tiled textures in the output. So I removed the filter but they are still tiny and tiled and I've double-checked they are still set correctly in the fill styles...
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try changing the bitmap quality before exporting. That might help.Access the Display Speed Settings image, and set the bitmap quality to "Fixed" and "Very High"
  • Ahha! That did make the texture appear although redraw is now horribly slow. Can't have everything though!