CSUAC and where to aquire them

Hi everyone;

I'm a newby here and since i'm stil getting the hold to all this (a bit overwhelming i must admit) i heard about the CSUAC files. So far i have tried to aquire them through the officiall site http://gmsapprentice.com/ but i've been unable to sign in the page so far. I just don't get the confirmation e-mail and when i try another time it says it allready has the e-mail (i ran out of e-mail accounts allready ;((( )
So here goes my question:

Is there any other way to get the CSUAC files? Or is there any other way to get signed in the official page?

Thanks to everyone for their time.

Comments

• Stange, it worked for me right off the bat, tried cjecking your spam filter ?
  • Also, make sure that there are no spaces or special characters in your username.
  • edited February 2010
    Great!!! You were right it was on my spam folder ;-) i never checked it out, silly me.
    Thanks for the help
  • 1 month later
  • Maybe someone can help, it seems that the sites for the CSUAC files are either gone or having technical problems. Does anyone know where I might be able to find them?
  • 1 month later
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    I´m also looking for them, no luck yet. I will post here when i find them.
  • 25 days later
  • edited June 2010
    After some searches, I fond someone's site with the CSUAC files (but not in one file) available to download. Don't know if the CSUAC is complete because I've never been able to find it in on file.

[link removed by moderator]
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    edited June 2010
    [Deleted by Poster]
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    I believe the license agreement precludes mirroring the files, so I would not like to see links to such sites here.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    I just checked the EULA after reading Simon's comment

It states this in section 2.) Liceanse of it.

"h) you may transfer the Art Pack (complete with all documentation) and the benefit of this EULA to another person provided such person has agreed to accept the terms and obligations of this EULA and you transfer any permitted copies of the Art Pack you may have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this EULA shall automatically terminate and all rights granted hereunder shall terminate as well."

Further down in Section 3 of the EULA it says this:

"3. Restrictions
    Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, you are not permitted under any circumstances:
    (a) to load the Art Pack on to a network server for the purposes of distribution to one or more other computer(s) on that network or to effect such distribution.
    (b) to sublicense, distribute, or assign the images or rights to the images to another party except as outlined in paragraph 2(h)."

Basically the EULA says you can transfer the files to a person provided they agree to the EULA, but you can't host the files on a network server.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    "Transfer" here means you have to destroy your own copy. Definitely no hosting for distribution, accepted EULA or not.
  • I appologize in advance if this post turns out to be inappropriate, but I did some digging around and found the following forum post on the Dunjinni web site that appears to indicate that there is indeed a "sanctioned" mirror of the CSUAC (though not of the CC3 version that I can tell) and that, at least in the beginning, Cecil was involved with it. I went to the site mentioned in the Dunjinni forum post and did indeed find the CSUAC, downloaded one of the files and checked the EULA, sadly this appears to not have been updated. In any event Elric and sendorian (sorry don't have the real names) appear to be updating the site with the latest images from the Dunjinni forums, so if nothing else, it appears to be a great resource for new images.

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=11001
  • It appears that Cecil has shut down the GM's Apprentice (home of the CSUAC). I have no idea what his plans are (whether this is temporary or permanent) but it would be a shame if that art collection were lost for good.

His EULA states that the CSUAC may not be redistributed. However, since he has shut down his site, perhaps he would be willing to allow ProFantasy to host the files (assuming they are willing to do so). I checked the Dundjinni forums and Cecil is a registered member there, with an email listed, if the ProFantasy folks are interested in contacting him.

I would guess that the increased exposure and free advertising (various forums referring others to the new home of the CSUAC) would more than make up for the extra bandwidth that this would entail. I hope something like that can be worked out.

Cheers!
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    We've been trying to contact Cecil about this for quite some time, but have been unsuccessful. As long as we can't get his permission to host the files, our hands are unfortunately tied.
  • Posted By: RalfWe've been trying to contact Cecil about this for quite some time, but have been unsuccessful. As long as we can't get his permission to host the files, our hands are unfortunately tied.
    That's too bad. But I'm happy to hear that you have been pursuing it! I hope he gets back to you.