rotate polys using command line only

as I can't use a conventional mouse, I don't have the ability to rotate polys using a wheel between the left and right mouse buttons. Is there a command line alternative?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 81 images Cartographer

The ROT command will do that, it will allow you to rotate any kind of entity.

The Sequence of the command is basically

• ROT
    • Select entities
    • Pick center point for rotation. Can be clicked with a mouse, or enter coordinates at command line
    • Set rotation angle. Can be selected by moving the mouse or type the angle in at the command line

One of the nice things with this command is that if you keep your mouse pointer far away from the object when rotating, it is easier to have control of the rotation because you must move your mouse farther to achieve the same amount of rotation as when it is closer, making it less sensible to accidental movements. You can also observe the angle in the top left of the status bar while you move your mouse, so you can move the mouse to get an idea of the value you want, and then just type in the desired value in the end instead of trying to click precisely.

LoopysueRoyal Scribe
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

I'm pretty sure that it's not quite what you're looking for (and you're probably well aware of it), but the Mouse Keys accessibility feature in Windows 10 and 11 will let you use the numeric keypad to move the mouse cursor. I was thinking about how to implement cursor nudge capability in the software and I realized that there's something packaged with the OS that will do most of what I was thinking of. It can be a bit of a pain to turn on and off, though, and it does want a numeric keypad for its operation, so it may be totally unsuitable for your particular use case.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeCalibre
  • I use the number pad - always have, but today its far, far easier to set up then it was in the late '80s! Thanks for the command, Remy, I couldn't find it in the Tome.