Community Atlas 1000th map Competition - Please Vote (Even if you didn't participate yourself)

MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 81 images Cartographer

The 1000th atlas map competition is now over, and below is the voting and gallery of the entries into this year's competition. Please vote for your favorite ones, even if you didn't participate in the contest yourself. We want as many votes as possible to ensure the fairest result.

The voting period will end on Sunday October 20th, 22:00:00 UTC.

Remember, these maps are fighting for the recognition of being the best maps in the competition, with ProFantasy store vouchers for the top 3.

I've shown all entries in the post below, but some maps at the end are excluded from the actual voting, these being mine, Sue's and Ralf's due to us either working for ProFantasy or arranging this contest. Also note that the rules stipulated one price per mapper, so should someone the same mapper have two maps in the top 3, they will only get the best prize they qualify for, the other prize will move downwards in the list to the next eligible contestant. This also applies to the prize for the randomly drawn 1000th atlas map which will also be announced at the end of the voting.

If you prefer to view the submissions in the image gallery viewer, this link leads to the first entry, and you can use the arrows in the top right to navigate back and forth.

Below, you will find three poll questions, to decide which map you prefer for first, second and third points. I'll give the maps points based on your votes (8 points for a first place vote, 5 points for a second place vote, and 3 points for a third place vote) and at the end of the voting period I will tally up the points and present the final list.

Some mappers have submitted more than one map to the competition. If you want to give them one of your votes, but do not prefer any one map of theirs above another, I recommend giving the vote to the first of their maps in the list. This allows them to collect most of their votes on one map instead of being randomly spread over them which hurts their chances since we are voting for best map, not best mapper.

For voting, please don't just consider how visually pleasing the map is, but also take into account the premise of the competition. Does it represent a conceivable fantasy village? Is it an interesting adventure location? Is the map good work by the mapper, or is the beauty just in the style they picked?

And to to all the contestants, please don't despair if your map gets very few or even no votes, it doesn't mean people dislike your map. But since we are only voting for the top 3 and not ranking every map, and due to the fact that these competitions don't get too many voters in total, most votes will tend to go to a small selection of the maps.

LoopysueWyvern

Comments