Distance Information

I am pretty sure I used to use the distance tool from the menu, and it would simply give me the distance.

Now it gives me two lines in boxes, distance and bearing.

How do I switch it back?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 81 images Cartographer
    edited October 2

Which box is used depends on which menu set is in use. The newer version (2-lined one) is used in the menus for some newer add-ons like SS4, while you should see the old one in for example the standard overland menus.

Basically, these are two different commands, DISTANCE and DIST2. You can always ensure that you get the one you want by just typing the right command into the command line instead of using the menu.

As an alternative, you can edit the affected menu files in a text editor (the .mnu files in the CC3+ data directory) and just replace all instances of DIST2 with DISTANCE in there.

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

Is that first command supposed to be DIST or DISTANCE? Using DIST gives me an error about modifiers only being used in the middle of other commands. DIST2 is definitely the other command.

A useful distance measuring tool is in the status bar (just left of the sheets information). It shows "T: abs X pos, abs Y pos"; "@T rel X pos, rel Y pos"; or "<T: rel bearing, rel range" during commands that need two points like LINE or DISTANCE or DIST2. The first click of the command will set the origin for relative measurements. To switch among the displayed modes, click on that part of the status bar.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 81 images Cartographer
    edited October 2

Sorry, yea, it is supposed to be DISTANCE. I didn't have access to CC3+ when I wrote the answer, so it came from (faulty) memory.