Scaling Issues

Ever since I obtained my new machine, I have had some scaling issues. The scaling works just fine, its just different. When I start off in the default, it seems as if the scaling is off especially with the cities. Before everything was around the same size as the great peak. The structure symbols are very smaller now. Is that because I am using windows 7? Or merely in the update 8? I see how it's more realistic but I like to see the detail somewhat of the structures. Is there a way to set a scale for all symbols? Like change the default scale?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Checking out the structure symbols, I realize the catalog in Update 8 is indeed off-scale. No idea how that happened, it is certainly unintentional. The structure symbols are half the size they should actually be.

If you want to permanently fix this, open the catalog CC3\Symbols\Maps\CC3\structures.fsc, open the Symbol Manager, select all, and scale them by factor 2.

If you want to fix this on a per-map basis, right-click when placing structure symbols and set their scale to 2.
  • I don't have an option to select all. I'd like to permanently fix this problem. When you mean open catalog do you mean by having it shown on the left side? Or going into the folder directly and highlighting all?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    By opening structures.fsc I mean going through File > Open > File Type "CC3/CC3 FSC Symbol Catalog". That way you open the catalog as a drawing in CC3 and edit it. You can also naviagte to the file in Windows and double-click it.

To select all symbols in the Symbol Manager (start from the Symbols menu), click the first symbol in the list, then scroll down to the last one. Hold down the shift key and click the last symbol. Now all should be selected. It's easier to see and do, if you de-select the "Display symbols" option at the top.

Hope that helps, Ralf