Symbol Colors

I'm using a symbol catalog that consists of line drawings (i.e., there are no fills to the symbols). The symbols are all currently black, and I'd like to modify their color to something else (e.g., blue or red). Using the CHGCBB command doesn't seem to help--when I try that it gives me the option to change the color, but when I do, the color remains black.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Did you explode the symbol in question first? If the symbol wasn't designed with the "varicolor" option, then the "explode" button is the easiest way to change symbol features.
  • edited February 2010
    Exploding the symbol will allow you to change the colors of each line by making them usual entities instead of a symbol.
    However, if you have more than one symbol of each kind, you can change the colors through the Symbol->Symbol manager->Select a symbol->Edit. Click to create a new window where you can change all the colors. Once done, all those same symbols will change on your map.
    CHGCBB is used to make a varicolor symbol, but if there is no varicolor layer for this symbol definition, it won't change anything.
  • Yes, I have more than one symbol of each kind--I'll give this a try, thanks!
  • Ok, it looks like it worked--one strange problem I was having with exploding the symbols was that it seemed to explode them, but also change their layer...once I figured out what was going on I could fix it. Thanks for the help.