Vienna map

anyone have a cc3 vienna map already? or recommend best way to translate a city into cc3?

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm not aware of anyone having tackled a map of Vienna for any time period so far in Campaign Cartographer, and a quick search has confirmed that general absence online, although there could be something hidden away I've missed, of course.

As for creating one yourself, that very much depends what you're wanting to accomplish with it. If you've a map (a historical map, for instance) you want to duplicate and amend in CC3+, and have a good-quality image of that (as a JPG or a similar bitmap file), you could simply import that into a CC3+ drawing and hand-trace the various elements you want to reproduce in the program. If it's a modern map that interests you, you may be able to circumvent parts of the drawing process by using digital vector mapping data, although that is quite an involved process. Ralf recently did a live mapping video session doing just this, albeit that was for a much larger region than a city (Australia!).

If you can be more specific with what you're wanting to achieve with your map, it may be someone here can advise you better, however.

Kevin
  • thank you very much, that helps. for campaign setting, adventure. but yeah not a fast process but worth it once done.

• Can you show the map you are using to make into a CC3+ map?

• I have not yet, just planning right now. want one for NYC, Vienna, and will go from there. still in prep for it, so will see how it goes.