Walls with fractalized dungeon rooms

I'm sure this is a simple thing to do, but for the life of me I can't figure it out, and I haven't been able to find an answer. I know how to create symmetric rooms and then go back over and put in the walls. Then using the sheet effects I know how to get the shadows to work.

However, the problem I'm having is how to create walls for fractalized dungeon rooms. I created the dungeon rooms using the curved polygon tool, and then fractalized them to get that rough hewn dungeon look. But I don't know how to create walls that follow the layout. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I am assuming your floor is 1) made of a ploygon 2) on floor sheet and 3) background layer...

not sure if easiest, but my suggestion:

select floor -> right-click "copy" and choose "copy to layer"
    copy to walls layer and walls sheet
    hide floor sheet
    select floor (now on walls sheet) -> click "change properties"
    change line width to XXX (width you want), fill style to XXX (whatever you want)
    use break and/or split on walls that block corridors.

One of the early annual issues (first year I believe) has a cave drawing issue which is awesome and may help you out as well.
  • Thank you. I actually had to tweak your instructions, but I think I got it to work. I created the polygon floor. Then went to Tools-sheets-copy to sheet. Then copied to the walls sheet. Then moved the walls layer up above the floor layer. Then clicked properties and chose no fill, solid line width =1. It seemed to work.

Thanks for the help.