WIP - Competition - Efva Taesi

Hi, everyone.

I'm going to be posting my progress in the Community Atlas 1000th map Competition, for which I have chosen the forestal village of Efva Taesi, in Berenur. I chose that one because I've been thinking a long time about doing something inspired by the forestal community of Sorgan, the source of the blue liquor spotchka in the Star Wars universe that first appeared in the episode "Sanctuary", in season 1 of The Mandalorian.

For those not familiar with it, it is a small, round-ish agricultural settlement with thatched houses surrounded by shallow ponds where whatever spothck is grows, and dense forests beyond. It is a beautiful visual concept (and a really cool episode), and I have a few ideas on how I want to adapt it.

So, let's start. Monsen's guidelines indicate that we'd rather go for a small village, and the general concept I have in mind is a mixture of Chinese rice growing villages and Mississipian mounds. I've opted for a 1000 x 1000 CA 143 Asian Town map as the basis. I can always change a few textures later using the Texture Blend effect, and I like both the symbiol catalog and the general appearance of the style.

I've used fractal circles to create a roundish clearing, where the thatched buildings are going to be arranged. I've also tried some different terrains and sheet effects to creaate variety in the darker perimeter, where the water and the forest are going to be located in a more or less concentrical way.

LoopysueMonsenRoyal Scribe

Comments

• Okay, the next step: a quick layout of the inundated rice parcels surrounding the village and the first draft of the different areas. It still needs much work in terms of sheet effects, bitmap scales and so on, but it is moving forward. Coming soon, the buildings.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeQuentenAleDjmabbott