Close-up view exporting or other method?

I just got CC3 a day or two ago and just now joined the forums so I hope I am posting this in the right section. Anywho, I have a map that I am wanting to work with for web use. However, it is quite large, and I am wanting to use "chunks" of it at a time, zoomed in. However, every way I can see to export it flattens it into a bitmap. This wouldn't be a problem, except that, naturally, it pixelates as I try to zoom in on it for the close-up views. Is there any way in CC3 to get vector-quality close-up bitmap images exported out? If not, does anyone know any good techniques for doing this? I am about ready to start using zoom in CC3 and taking screen shots to paste into Photoshop lol, but that would be a *ton* of work for what I am doing. Thanks!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The problems with bitmaps is that they are just that, bitmaps. They cannot hold vector information (none of the raster image formats can), and therefore, they will get pixelerated as you zoom in. That is just their nature.
    The two ways of working around this are:
    1) export at a larger resolution. Once you have selected the type of image to export to, you can hit the options button and set a larger resolution. Be aware that the larger resolution, the more memory you'll need, so there will always be a limit on how large you can export
    2) Use the rectangular section export to just export part of your image. If you export part of your image in the same resolution as your whole map, that would naturally be more detailed, and you should be able to zoom deeper in.

For the last technique, you can export your map at different levels, and just jump to a higher zoom level when your map is clicked on. You can provide detail zooms for the entire map, or just for the interesting areas. I know some people has been using stuff like the google maps API to handle the zooming as well (It will load a different set of images depending on how deep you zoom, instead of having one almost infinite zoomable image)