link crevasse symbols ???

I'm trying to use crevasse symbols to create a gorge going W to E in my next Narnia/inspired by Pauline Baynes map and it's proving to be incredibly hard. I'm using the MonkeyFrog symbols by the way.

I can [and will] put mountains to mask the narrow ends to the symbols but at the moment I'm trying to draw a very deep gorge using symbols rather than a line. Does anyone have any hints or are there any linking crevasse symbols floating around somewhere?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I haven't had time to practice very much with this lovely style, but it looks like it should be possible to 'link' the symbols by placing them in a way that overlaps the ends. The result will look odd if you zoom in too much, but should look ok if the map isn't going to be viewed that closely.

• This map will be a mix of symbol styles and textures on top of the watercolour background. Ideally I'd like to somehow overlap the set of overland maps but I'll see what happens, but that's why I am using the watercolour land background. I like it - which helps!

Loopysue