ChkData DAV Error

I'm getting the error messege ChkData DAV has not pending DRQ MENUDM #fcw32.mnu when I try and open one one of the es-tutorial maps. I'll get 2 select symbol boxes. The first is blank. The program crashes after that. several similar maps to the ES-Tutorial ones are in the Examples/UserGuide Folder that have the title CC3 First_Map. These similar maps don't crash the program.
I'm using Windows 7 and followed the Vista install instructions.
Wht do I do to fix this bug? I did install as an adminisstrator and applied Update 8 as the Vista instruction suggested, once after installing CC3 and again after installing the other ProFantasy add ons.
Help.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    There have been some people who needed to install Update 8 once more, this sounds like you may be affected. Please run Update 8 once more, making sure to use the "Run as Admin" option.

Hope that helps, Ralf
  • Thanks. I did that and still get that error. I did notice that if I ran the troubleshoot compatability wizard on CC3 the error messege doesn't show up even though I didn't save the compatability settings. I still get 2 select symbol boxes, but they are full. This worked fine for a bit, could open several of the es-tutorial files with no problem. Then I got the ChkData error again, on an ES-Tutorial mapp. I ran the compatability wizard again and the problem vanished. I still didn't save the compatiblty settings, as I want to make sure I'm running the program with the correct ones. CC3 works with XP and Vista compatability setting when tried with the compatability wizard, but I'm not sure what the cause of the problem is.
  • Another update on the error messege I'm getting. I thought the problem was fixed, but I still keep getting that error messege. Some times the program will crash and at other times it doesn't. I do notice it crashes just about everytime when ES-Tutorial06 is opened.
    So any ideas what is going on?
    Hi Jay,

somehow the OnOpenMacro in the ES Tutorial maps seem to misbehave sometimes. You can fix the issue by opening the "Drawing Properties" from the File menu, clicking "Map Notes" and deleting the "OnOpenMacro" note. Then save the map.

I'll put in on the list of things to fix here.
  • Thanks Ralf.
    Also, after I ran Update 8 the LO and VL meadows bitmaps in CC3/Bitmaps/Tiles/Overland are messed up. I did find on the forum the fixed versions you posted. So anytime I run Update 8 I have to go replace those bitmaps with the fixed ones.
  • 22 days later
  • I am also having this problem, but I have Windows XP. I have tried the steps outlined above but nothing seems to work. My compatibility wizard does not have the XP/Vista option. I tried several settings, but none work. I can't get the files to open without the program crashing after the DAV error and clicking through some symbol boxes. I reinstalled the Patch several times now. My comp has only one user as admin.
  • 4 months later
  • StevenavStevenav Newcomer
    I too have had the issue with Meadow getting corrupted.

Profantasy has apparently compiled the patch with corrupt versions of these files and they overwrite the old ones. I'm installing it on another system and going to move the files over. But this is a mistake that Profantasy needs to correct in the patch.
    It's now been corrected in the available patch.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    Is that the meadows issue that is corrected? I just downloaded and ran the patch again after reading that it was corrected, and I still had to put the 2 meadows files in.
    edited July 2010
    Ack... that was a file mix up here. It is now corrected.
  • 2 months later
  • Ralf,

I just installed the software today and I'm getting this issue as well.
    I've tried all of the suggestions above and nothing I do will allow ES-Tutorial03.fcw to load.

I even uninstalled everything and reinstalled from the beginning without any success.
  • 1 year later
  • Never mind. Found the solution. At least for this particular file.

When the bug occurs, if I hit the cancel button for all the symbol set selection dialogues, eventually it dumps me back to the drawing without crashing out of CC3. I can then pull up File->Drawing Properties, click on Map Notes, click on OnOpenMacro, then Delete. Save the file, close out CC3, reopen it, no more crashing.