Poly fill doesn't show up in the Bitmap tab when using Extract Properties

In the Live Mapping: Woodland Town stream from a few months ago, I saw how Ralf used the extract properties tool to adjust the scale of a fill. When I do the same, I don't see the current fill I'm using. Instead, it shows Coarse Paper Yellow, and a handful of other default bitmaps.

I thought I'd try some FAQ advice and insert a map from C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Annual\Issue 44 - Landform Maps

but that didn't seem to do anything for me.

New to the program and unsure how to proceed from here.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 81 images Cartographer
    edited June 27

The technique Ralf showed here unfortunately only works with bitmap fills. This covers most maps, but some maps, especially maps using line-work (like the landform maps) use different techniques for the fills.

It gets a bit more complicated to scale these. I am pretty sure Ralf showed that off in a video at some time too, but I don't remember which off the top of my head. I'll see if I can find a link for a video or something else, unless someone bets me to it.

If you try with for example the Mike Schley overland style, you'll find that this trick works the way Ralf showed it if you use it on a bitmap-filled polygon, like farmland for example.

edit: Ralf demonstrating editing hatch styles in here: https://www.youtube.com/live/-zZGWKT2pN4?si=LOm5YLc6CtJAds-j&t=1187

RetailPlebLoopysueRoyal Scribe
  • Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately at 37:16 he says in order to change it you have to go into the hatch style in the external drawing, (a process I think he started to go into at around 24:00) however the only editing performed was removing some linework to change the overall appearance, he didn't scale anything, and I'm not sure how you would scale it up or down from that process.

Starting to look impossible, aside from simply choosing the correct map size from the beginning. I guess bitmaps are the future 😓

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 81 images Cartographer
    edited June 27

Yea, Ralf only shows some simple editing there, but it gives a good overview of the process needed to manipulate hatch styles. But you can do any operation you want when editing them, including scaling them using the Scale command.

But yea, bitmaps are much easier to deal with.

RetailPlebRoyal ScribeLoopysue