Strange shaped Rooms

Newbie Map Designer!

I've been trying to discover how to make strange-shaped rooms. I watched one of the live stream videos where a TEMP layer is used, and then you define a new drawing tool and trace around it. I use F6 when I intersect a new identity.

However, I've been encountering a frustrating issue. When I finish, I often end up with extra lines! Sometimes, they extend horizontally, and other times, diagonally. I've attached an image as an example! Does anyone know why?

I want to create new shapes like the one in the image, so if there is an easier way, please let me know.

Comments

• Hi Inwils,

You're on the right track. The reason you get those weird lines is due to overlapping nodes I believe. The easiest way around this (using your example post above) is to select a drawing tool and pick a starting point on any of the green lines (using the 'On' command) but NOT a corner, then hit T for trace and select a starting point for the trace on the same line but further away in the direction you want to trace. When you come to the intersection of 2 objects end the trace at the interestion, then start the trace again on the same point but pick a starting point for the trace further away on the 2nd line. That works for me 99.9% of the time.

BTW: It's Jim (damonjynx) from the Mythras forums here, welcome aboard!

Don Anderson Jr.LoopysueRoyal ScribeinwilsEdECalibre
  • That's brilliant, thank you - it worked

And thanks for the welcome! Hoping to use this for Mythras, Destined and M-Space 😁

• edited June 13

You're welcome. Just don't try to muscle in on my commission work for TDM. I'd hate to have to hunt you down and kill you😉

inwilsCalibre