Jungle Map

This is a map of a jungle civilization. They are a secluded, primitive species of servants to the antagonist in my book. They leave their homes at night and steal from the human town of Brhiman.

Comments

• 6 days later
  • Nice Map :)
    Only nitpick I got is that rivers very rarely splits into two :)
  • Rivers do, however combine quite often, which is what those look like they are doing. Maybe that's what he intended?
  • This looks like a great start, and I love that compass rose. I have just a couple of comments:

1) Both the clear space and the trees (particularly to the north) look too regular, as if this were an orchard or maze. (Unless that's the intent?) It might be good to add more trees in places to make it more irregular.

2) Off the west border, some terrain leaks past the frame. I don't know how to clean it up, but I did see a recent thread about that here.

3) It would be nice to see some contour or slope where the pond sits, to show why the water flows to that point and doesn't expand over the whole clearing.

Again, very nice. Better than I can do at the moment.

Hi, I'm new here. :)
  • The symbols drawn outside the map border is easily fixed by creating a large rectangle that encompases the middle of the map border (between the border and the map itself is fine), making sure to place this polygon on a new sheet. Also make sure the polygon is white. Now move the sheet down until it is below the symbol sheet (or whatever sheet you placed your symbols on, but above the map border sheet. This makes sure the polygon will cover the symbols but not the border. The symbols should now disappear from the outer part of the map beyond the border.