Printing huge Map

edited May 5 in Community Support

Hey I was wondering what i should do to export a file i can take to somewhere and get printed.

Im looking to print something at least 4x4 feet large without getting too grainy.

Still unclear if im saving the file correctly to avoid too much graininess.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

It depends a bit on the exact quality you feel you need. Generally, I try to see if I can get at least 300 dpi. Even though printers today typically can go higher than that, 300 usually guarantees a good image.

However, 4x4 feet is 48x48 inches, resulting in 14400x14400 resolution, which is more that you can export in a single operation from CC3+, which gives you two options:

1) Go for 200 dpi resolution. It should still give you a resolution I would consider good enough. This means you need to export an image of 9600x9600 from CC3+ which is doable as long as you leave anti-aliasing off

2) Export the image in multiple parts, and stitch it together. When exporting from CC3+, if you use the rectangular section option when you pick export file types, you can export one and one section. And as long as you use snaps or other options for precision, you can easily make 4 precise equal-sized quadrants and stitch them together. There's also an annual issue that deals with this.

Royal ScribeQuentenmike robel