Great, Another issue with CC3 with Windows 7 - Also update 8

Problem 1: So I had to reinstall CC3 and Symbol set 1. I reinstalled by disk. And I receive these two errors. The picture shows both errors. The error on the left is what I receive first, then the error on the right is what i receive right after that. Then CC3 starts up fine. And it seems as if everything works right.

Problem 2: For those who have seen my "Mahdran Version 2 Map" I actually wanted to edit it with the new terrains from update 8. Such as the new fens, farmland ect. Well it works fine from a fresh new file. However, they all like an ocean blue color and will not perform what it's suppose to do. It's still listed there. I made this map before I downloaded update 8. Any feedback on this particular problem would be mighty helpful. I would really like to update and edit this map. I have so many ideas now to up the quality. --- Also, for this second problem appears after I downloaded update 8 as admin. I am not sure if problem 1 complements problem 2.

Comments

• Well I see the problem as in for the default CC3 symbols, I'd have to manually find them in a catalog to cycle through them from different symbol sets. I just ran update 8 on Admin and it works perfectly. Thank you for the help from the other thread.

Now I am not sure if this a Window's 7 problem or not. But when I start to use any terrain or the land tool the lines used to draw are flashing in and out and sort of difficult to tell where those lines are going. Anyone have any idea on that issue?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: FarsightX3Well it works fine from a fresh new file. However, they all like an ocean blue color and will not perform what it's suppose to do. It's still listed there. I made this map before I downloaded update 8. Any feedback on this particular problem would be mighty helpful.
    This particular problem is due to fill styles being part of the template. Unfortunately, that means that new fill styles won't be available immediately in a map originally based on an old template. The drawing tools will show up however, since they are not based on the template.
    To fix this, just follow these steps:
    1. Start a new map from the new template, and save it
    2. Open your Mahdran Map
    3. Use Draw -> Insert File to insert your new map into this one. This will also insert the fill styles from this map
    4. Use Edit -> Undo to undo the insertion. This will remove the map, but leave the fill styles behind. This should make the new drawing tools work properly.
  • Thanks Monsen. That worked for the most part. Everything "transferred" over except or the scrub land. Also, when I click on the CC3 default symbols from the buttons I have to choose which catalog before it opens. Instead of it just automatically switching when I click that particular button. Do you think the errors before would cause this? Maybe another install might help? Or perhaps a repair from the disk?
    This is because ProFantasy added some extra styles in the newest patch. The default master filter (CC3) matches these new styles, as well as the original CC3 styles. Since there is more than one catalog matching a given request, it will prompt you to select the one you want. If you set the master filter to "CC3 " instead of "CC3" (notice the extra space), you shouldn't experience this. (No idea if this might cause other side effects though))
  • FarsightX3FarsightX3 Traveler
    edited January 2010
    I am confused. Where can I find this master filter to change it accordingly?

Also, for some reason, the meadow and the scrubs and others wont transfer over from the new template. I did follow exactly your steps. Here is the zip file, maybe you will have some luck. The meadow is giving the "x"
    edited January 2010
    For the meadow, it seems that that fill style definition is still missing from your map. Just open the "Fill Style Properties" dialog by clicking on the fill style indicator in the top statusbar, and simply create a new fill bitmap style, called "Meadow Bitmap", and set the path to the image to "#Bitmaps\Tiles\Overland\meadows_HI.png". That should fix the meadow tool.
    Same goes for any others that failed to transfer over, but when I open your map here, the only missing one was the Meadow. All the others were ok. Some might need to be rescaled however, which can also be done in the "Fill Style Properties" dialog. Just select the fill you wish to change, and set new x/y values for "scaled".
    If you ever need to find a path to a particular fill, just open up a map where that tool/fill style works as expected, and examine the path and settings in the "Fill Style Properties" dialog.

To find the master filter, just right click on the "Symbol Style Toggle" image button, and select "Master Filter Settings"
  • FarsightX3FarsightX3 Traveler
    edited January 2010
  • Monsen: I got the meadow to work. However, it's very sensitive. When I zoom in close, it shows up. However, when I zoom out it shows the "x" for that terrain bitmap. Any idea how to fix this annoyance? Thanks in advanced.
    The problem is with the meadow bitmap. The Low and Very low resolution version of this one seems to be corrupted. I'll check in with Ralf to have him dig up some uncorrupted ones for us.
    You can temporarily work around this by entering the "Display Speed Settings" dialog and set it to fixed high or very high. This will slow down redraw speed however.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I've attached the fixed meadow LO and VL bitmaps. For now, just overwrite your existing files with these (in CC3/Bitmaps/Tiles/Overland/). You can also fix them yourself, by opening meadow_HI.png in a graphics editor, resizing it to 50x50 and 10x10 pixel size and savinf it as meadow_LO.png and meadow_VL.png respectively.