First real ended project: Allewa!

Well, it's quite some time that I have the ProFantasy software but never had the time to really produce something.
However, my interest in maps and mapping is high and during the last two days I putted aside my master thesis to play with CC3 :-D

Here is the result.

I'm not fully satisfied but well... I'm not allowed to play anymore for some time. Got some work to do.
A big thanks goes to Joachim. He might not know, but it has been a source of inspiration for well over a year.

EDIT: don't know why the thumbnail did not show...
EDIT 2: in the North-West corner there is a black zone. It is a problem I had with the rendering =_=

A big thanks goes to Joachim. He might not know, but it has been a source of inspiration for well over a year.

Comments

• Too large for the forums is why it doesn't show.
  • I know the real image is too large, but the thumbnail is only 150x200.
    Looks like I'm unable to use Ralf's guide for posting images eheh... Anyway, you now have a simple link. Please leave any comments and/or critics!
  • Glad to have been on some help for such a nice map.

No need to thank me twice though ;)

It might be an effect of reduced resolution, but I'd add some overall slight blur to smoothen.
    Hope you'll manage to fix the northwest black area...
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    A nice map. I like it.
    Posted By: Eriorduring the last two days I putted aside my master thesis to play with CC3
    You should combine them. :) I used CC3 to draw several illustrations for my master thesis (And no, it wasn't about maps or mapmaking ;) )

Btw, I edited your post to make your link clickable. If you have the URL to your thumbnail, I'll be happy to give you the code required to have it show up in your post.
  • Thanks Monsen for the clickable link. I've to admit that I know nothing abouth HTML code ;-)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1793733/Allewa_thumb.PNG is the url of the thumbnail.
    I know it can be stupid but I followed the instructions in Ralf's posts about images and still did not manage to correctly put them here... my bad ;-)

For the Master, you can be right. But the problem is maybe that MY master involves maps... so "CC3 style" may not be appropriate eheh.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: Eriorhttp://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1793733/Allewa_thumb.PNG is the url of the thumbnail.
    I believe your problem was right there, because that URL was not correct. Try it in your browser, and you'll notice you only get up fileden's homepage, and not a thumb at all. There is only a minor error however, as it should be "png" at the end instead of "PNG" (Most web servers are case sensitive).
    I added the thumbnail to your post. You can use the "edit" link to see the code, but I am willing to guess you did it the correct way at first, but with the incorrect URL, nothing showed up.
    Posted By: EriorFor the Master, you can be right. But the problem is maybe that MY master involves maps... so "CC3 style" may not be appropriate eheh.
    I guess that depends on exactly what kind of illustrations you need. If you need authentic ancient maps, it would be bad to draw them yourself ;)
  • For my dissertation, I shall prove the existence of Atlantis and present proof positive with an actual map! :)

@Erior - Nice map!
  • @ Monsen: well, it was right the first time indeed. I had no idea about the case-sensitive issue. And for the master, it does not involve ancient maps but very modern, precise and somewhat boring plots of snow accumulation on some Swiss glaciers ;-)

@jaerdaph: glad you like it. But let me ask you something... whad do you mean about Atlantis? :-)
  • 1 month later
  • I like how you've got two maps on there, so you can see geography and kingdoms at once. It's something I hadn't thought of, but I'll be keeping it in mind in future.
  • Nice. I really like the look of your rivers. How did you do that?