Help with FT3 to CC3+ exported maps

I exported from ft3 to cc3+ and some of the maps have this white space rather than the blue for the other maps. It isn't all maps on this level. Others show all blue with no white. It's the Jon Roberts style. I'm sure there's a way to fix it but I haven't figured it out yet. The dragon shape was not intentional. I could never have accomplished that if I'd tried.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Can you pease upload the .FCW file - the CC3 file?

JimP
  • WinchesterWinchester Traveler

Here is one of them. Thank you for looking into this. I picked the lowest level map so there wouldn't be any links in it.

The first thing I did was to hide all the sheets except the BACKGROUND and used List in the Info menu to find out a bit more about the entity I could see on that sheet. This is what I got.

The first problem is that the 'polygon' isn't a polygon but 4 separate lines on the BACKGROUND sheet. The second problem is that they are on the MERGE layer, which is definitely wrong. Things on the MERGE layer cause all kinds of problems, so we need to put both those things right.

I right-clicked the Fractalise button on the left and picked "Line to Path", then picked all the lines and hit D for do it. The accidental effect of doing this with a set of lines that are perfectly alined at the corners is that they automatically become a polygon, even though that wasn't the intention of the command. It's really convenient, though, so no one complains about it.

This is what I got

I used Change Properties (top paint can button on the left toolbars) on the visible polygon to put the new polygon on an appropriate layer (BACKGROUND), and to change the fill to "Sea_Light CA51".

Then I unhid the rest of the sheets.

(In this example I changed the fill to Sea_Medium)

Here is the modified FCW for you.

In it, I have also hidden the CONTOURS LAND sheet to simplify the appearance.

This is a fairly complex map with a lot of very tiny islands and lakes. Please ask if you have any further issues with it.

JimPWinchesterRoyal Scribe

Thank you. That was incredibly kind of you. It's an immense program and I'm amazed how people navigate it every time I come here with questions.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeJimP

Do you think there's something I'm doing in export that's causing things to appear in odd places like the merge layer?

You're welcome, Winchester :)

Unless you have edited the export setup then it's unlikely you are the cause of the MERGE layer issue. I will see if this is a known bug.

Winchester

Holy cow. I fixed one. You know how to write instructions for people like me. That's a serious gift. I really like the way hiding the contours cleans it up. Like a properly cut suit.

LoopysueRoyal Scribe
    edited April 4

I'm glad you've sorted out your maps, Winchester :)

I've asked around the team and discovered we haven't had a bug of this nature reported before.

If it happens again, or if anyone else has this exact same problem, please notify Tech Support so we can fix it.

WinchesterJimP