Modern Map support

Hi all,

Really considering getting:

• Campaign Cartographer 3+
  • Modern Symbol Set 3.

But before adding this to cart, I have a few questions before I purchase.

Would those two products be enough to start creating Battle Mats for Modern RPGs (think Superhero settings), or do I need other products before being able to create?

If I want to add to the Modern assets available beyond those two products, what ProFantasy Software is recommended, I add next (again, mainly for use in Modern Settings)?

Are there other sites that add assets (free or purchasable) that can be used with Campaign Cartographer 3+, especially assets that fits Modern, Sci-fi and Cyberpunk?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited March 17

Hi :)

That's a lot of questions, only one of which I can answer myself - that being the last one.

Any png file with a transparent background can be use to make a new symbol, and you can do that yourself in CC3 by importing those pngs using the Symbol Manager. You can also create your own symbol catalogues and your own styles.

EDIT: if you have any doubts about the software there is a 14 day money back guarantee if it isn't what you wanted.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

You should be well on your way with CC3+ and SS3. Do note that SS3 is a generic modern set, it doesn't have anything in specific for superhero, but on the other hand, most of the specific stuff would be the superheroes themselves anyway, the rest is mostly standard modern. Of course, no symbol pack is ever going to have every single symbol you're ever going to need, but these are a good start.

We currently don't have any other sets for modern available, but for Sci-Fi, there is Cosmographer 3. Note that the art style in Cosmographer 3 is a bit different from SS3 since they are by different artists. You can mix and match in the same map if you want to, but they were not designed with that purpose in mind.

There are some free community provided packs, and while mostly focusing on fantasy, some of them (CSUAC and Dundjinni archives mostly) also have some modern and futuristic symbols.

And, as Sue said above, you can use any .png file as a symbol, so you can find and add symbols from other sources you may have access to.

Loopysue
  • Really appreciate it. I will get certainly get this, and hopefully be creating maps soon. Have a long list of maps needed for the next session :).

Royal Scribe