Where are bitmaps 'CA51' please

Hey all,

old maps of mine use bitmaps 'CA51' but I can't find them.

Any advice?

thanks

Geoff

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited March 4

The location of any bitmap file is given in the Fill Style dialog box in the 'file' window.

If you want to add them to another map it's probably easier to use Insert file in the Draw menu, and pick the old map you mentioned but press ESC just before you paste it. Doing it that way will also import the correct scale from that old map.

JackTheMapperroflo1
  • Ms. Sue

I can't find the fills to insert them. They aren't in my dialog box.

Geoff

• Greets,

I'd better explain better

when I attempted to load in more bitmaps to a map, I searched for any CA51 fills in the folders and I couldn't find them.

I just inserted a map with them included and all is well; I just thought it was strange, is all.

thanks

Geoff

Royal Scribe
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

The reason you couldn't find them is because they don't have CA51 in the file name. If you look in Sue's screenshot above, you'll see that the 'Dunes CA51' fill references a bitmap called 'Dunes.png'

That's why you can find them using that dialog, but you need to do so from a map in the appropriate style. From there you can find their names, and then in the map you want them in, you can then easily add them once you have learned that filename.

LoopysueCalibre