Stuck with a Template

Hi All , Ive been trying to replicate a "form" ive seen used in the Traveller rpg community for creating world maps.

Ive got the template almost nailed down except i cant get it to let me place symbols either on the map or on the top box labelled System...

Ive attached my base template - any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• I can only place symbols in one area. Nothing is frozen except the template.

When I export the map, not rectangular area, I get just the icosahedron. There is something wrong with this template.

Dargurd
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

The symbol behavior is down to you having lots of unrelated stuff on the HEX/SQUARE grid layer. Hex symbols are special symbols that automatically align with the hex grid, but all that other stuff is basically just confusing them.

As for the export, it looks for the lines on the MAP BORDER layer to see what area to export (If you have the restrict to map border option on), and if you check that layer, you'll see that the defining lines (green in your map) just covers the map area, and do not extend to include those informational areas.

LoopysueDargurdRoyal Scribe
  • DargurdDargurd Traveler

Perfect, i moved the other items onto a new layer and now it works.

Knew it had to be something stupid id not picked up on.

Thankyou

• pvernonpvernon Betatester 🖼️ 34 images Traveler

Also there stuff on the Common Sheet (shouldn't be any thing there). I would go thru each of the sheets and make sure what is on each is what is supposed to be there. Hide all of the sheets, then show each sheet separately. If something is out of place move it to the correct sheet as you go. Checking the layers the same way could be a good idea as well.

JimP