World Map

I was wondering is it possible to properly scale the terrain, I want to do a world map that when I zoom in I see what I have putted in smaller scale but the terrain is just ugly because of the over zoom on the big terrain.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The usual way to do this is to create a second map at the smaller scale and link the two maps together with a hyperlink. Theoretically you can put in lots of details and small symbols in a whole world map, but it will become huge and unwieldy and not look good when zoomed out.
  • Thanks for the answer but after playing with it I don't think that hyperlinks will cut it. I read about importing a map inside the bigger map but no clear instruction on how to remove the border on it, can anyone please specify it?

@Ralf, I have put the small symbol on other sheets so that when I go on the global view i just hide those I need.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: DualShadowbut no clear instruction on how to remove the border on it, can anyone please specify it?
    The borders are normal entities on the MAP BORDER layer. This layer is normally frozen, so go into the layer dialog and thaw them, then you can delete them using the standard erase tool.
  • Posted By: DualShadow@Ralf, I have put the small symbol on other sheets so that when I go on the global view i just hide those I need.
    To me that sounds like as much work as just making detailed maps from a copy. But it should work. I'm curious why you want to go that route rather than links?

Steve
  • Its not that I dont want link, its just as much as I have played with them It did not result in what I wanted, unless there is a way to use them that I did not understand.
    Also can we print just a selected part of the map: let say that I have my world map then zoom in to a continent and just want to print ou that view of the continent.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yes. In the print dialog, select "Active Window" instead of "Everything"