Lakes?

How can I try to create lakes amidst land masses? of varying colors... Like a large swamp, or a lava lake... I can't even seem to create a normal lake... I've tried contours and when I select water, it always dissappears after the map re-draws

Comments

• There is a river icon on the left side. There you can find lakes and rivers. My favorite is the "hand drawn" river and lakes which gives off a dark blue color. They are very easy to draw and allow what you want to do with out any set parameters. Also, what I did for lava lakes and swamps, was simply use a terrain, such as forest foreground I believe, (the pink) under SS1 package and just simply changed the color. What you need to do is choose the terrain the change it's color then use it. As soon as your done or right click you'd have to do the procedure again. That's the way I do it, but I am not sure if anyone else has an easier way.
  • sheet list:

land
    rivers

Put the lake on the rivers sheet. Then you will have the lake on top of the land so it can be seen after a redraw.
  • How can I put a proper island in the middle of the lake that will appear above the rivers layer?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Create a new sheet above the RIVERS sheet, called "LAND ISLANDS". Set the current sheet to the new one and start drawing with the Land* tools. The landmasses should now go on the LAND ISLANDS sheet and be visible above the lakes.

Hope that helps, Ralf
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks, I'm having problems with rivers now. they seem to have a mind of there own where they want to begin and end... especially when I a trying to branch one river off of another, it seems to think it would be way cooler if rather then having the river branch off from where I select, to go all the way back to ther source of the other river and start there insead.
  • Check to make sure you are using 'on' instead of 'endpoint' button on the right side of CC3. You might also check and make sure the 'Snap' button on the bottom of CC3 isn't pushed in. Click click on it to raise the button and turn snap off.