Export Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator files to FT3+ or CC3+

Hi everyone,

First of all, I apologize for my english profeciency.

Then, I fist used Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator which has a lot of functions (borders, cities densities, number of states, provinces, districts, religions, philosophy, et c...).

I'd like to export Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator files to works them to add details, buildings and so on.

Thanks a lot for your help 😁

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

I am not familiar with that tool, but looking at it, it doesn't seem to be able to export maps in a format CC3+ can use. Which gives you two options:

• Use their svg export, find an online svg to dwg/dxf converter online, and then import the result from that into CC3+. That preserves the vector maps, but you're probably going to end up with a pretty bare version that needs lots of work before it is back in a state similar to what you have online.
    • Use their image export, import the image into CC3+ and trace it. This has two downsides. First of all, tracing is quite a bit of work for a large map like the one created there, and secondly, their image export is a bit limited. If you export it as a single image you're not really get much detail, while the highest scale export is a nice high quality, it still isn't close to getting all the detail you can get by zooming in, and while their tiling function can be used to get a much higher detailed result, dealing with a huge number of tiles that needs to be assembled has it's own challenges.
    Loopysue

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

I am not familiar with that tool, but looking at it, it doesn't seem to be able to export maps in a format CC3+ can use. Which gives you two options:

• Use their svg export, find an online svg to dwg/dxf converter online, and then import the result from that into CC3+. That preserves the vector maps, but you're probably going to end up with a pretty bare version that needs lots of work before it is back in a state similar to what you have online.
    • Use their image export, import the image into CC3+ and trace it. This has two downsides. First of all, tracing is quite a bit of work for a large map like the one created there, and secondly, their image export is a bit limited. If you export it as a single image you're not really get much detail, while the highest scale export is a nice high quality, it still isn't close to getting all the detail you can get by zooming in, and while their tiling function can be used to get a much higher detailed result, dealing with a huge number of tiles that needs to be assembled has it's own challenges.
    Loopysue