CC3: Blending multiple types of terrain?

Ok, I have a bit of an issue mostly around the coastal areas when it comes to blending two types of terrain..

Say I want a connected land mass and half of it is grass and the other half of it is snow... I can only figure out how to draw in one or the other initially... But coastal areas prove to be a problem when I attempt to change the terrain of one area... I can't seem to re-trace over my original land lines when I try to re-terrain one of the halves with a different style... The coastal lines never match up so I'm left with like snow in the middle, with grass still all around along the coast... is it possible to retrace my lines or fill in a designated area?

"kinda" like this if you look up in the north.

http://www.profantasy.com/library/default.asp?PP=9&Start=28&Image=29&OrderBy=

Comments

• 1 month later
  • If you choose one of the default landmasses for this, you can use the 'trace' command. It only works on the default landmasses and not the polies, though. The other way I might try to do it would be to explode the landmass, and make two polygons out of it, with a bit of extra drawing and the path-to-poly (or multipoly) command.
  • I have used two bitmap fills on the same layer. I just make sure on fits under the other, by drawing it first. That way i can have 2 different bitmap fills for the same elevation.

As you can see on the map. I have a light green bitmap fill for tundra, and a light sandy bitmap, along with scrub symbols, makes for scrubland.
    05b.PNG 105.8K