A quick series of maps for Roll20

Hi, everyone.

I'm going to start DMing a new D&D Dragonlance published campaign in Roll20 with family and friends and I'm adapting several Dragonlance maps from the books into Mike Schley style for the sessions. This will be the first one of quite a few. Enjoy.

MonsenQuentenLoopysueJulianDracosLorelei

Comments

• 14 days later
  • 1 month later
  • FrostyFrosty Surveyor

You having challenges lining up dungeon maps in Roll20? I went through steps recently for the Undermountain maps I have from FR Atlas and planning to use the boxset to fill in the blanks. I went through all the steps and it got almost right bit not right and started inserting the dynamic lighting walls etc which will take forever. Would be nice if there was a way to import them like there is with Dungeon Alchemist, which not only aligns the grid but inserts dynamic lighting walls, doors, and windows for you. Has anyone heard of anyone working on something like this for DD?

Daniel Pereda De Pablo
  • Hi Frosty,

For dungeon maps when exporting to a VTT as a Rectangular Section JPEG (or PNG if you prefer), use the distance tool to measure the width and height from the inside edge of the frame (if it has one) and divide by 5, e.g. a 200ft x 160ft map will give you 40 x 32 this is your inches at 5ft per square. In the options tab of the save as dialogue, set your resolution to 70 for Roll20 (or whatever the preferred resolution is for your VTT) and input the number of squares/inches. Make sure when you hit enter - NOT - to include the frame in your selection.

Make sure your page is at the correct dimensions and you should be good to go, your map and grid should align perfectly. If using in a VTT I never export with CC3+'s grid, prefering to use the VTT's.

Daniel Pereda De Pablo
  • FrostyFrosty Surveyor

Simple yet elegant thanks Jmabbott!

Daniel Pereda De Pablo