FT to CC3+

I am trying to use fractal terrain to make a CC3+ map. I am following this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuhB_LXr3Sg&list=WL&index=28&t=2022s)

I save my file in FT as a campaign cartographer file u sing legacy moderate settings.

I then open it in CC3+. I am following his instructions and I open a new blank CC3+ then do the copy landmass to the new blank file.

When I do this it wont actually place the landmass, it just keeps redrawing it over and over and over.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

There are a lot of nodes on the end of your crosshairs, and if your coastline is more intricate than the one Ralf was using as an example in that video it will behave as you describe until it is pasted.

Perhaps an easier thing to do, rather than trying to move all those nodes around until you can get the cursor to the corner, is to type the paste origin in on your keyboard and hit return. That's 0,0 (zero comma zero).

Then right click to clear the crosshairs before you accidentally paste it a second time.

AnsioJimProflo1
  • I always use non-visual paste when I'm following this process; it keeps it from constantly trying to redraw while I type the paste origin (usually 0,0 as Sue said).

Ansio