Template Update

Hello template designers,

I have created my own template (map style) and created a map based on it. If I now change the template, will everything automatically change in the map based on this template?

If I change the symbol catalogues, this is not a problem, as the catalogues in the map are always reloaded.

However, if I add new fill styles, for example, this does not seem to be taken over without further ado. Or does it?

How do you do updates? How do you go about it? What do I have to pay attention to?

Do you have any tips for me?

Thank you

Brandor

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

No. When a map is created from a template, that map copies the current template settings. It has no connection back to the original template, and changing the template will not affect any maps created from it.

If you have added new things to a template you wish to bring into an existing map, you can make a new blank map from that template, then in your existing map, use Draw -> Insert file, pick the blank map you just created, but once you have it on the cursor ready to place, just hit escape instead of going through placing it. This is enough to copy in all definitions to the map, including symbol definitions, fill styles and line styles. Note that it doesn't update existing definitions, it just copies new ones.

LoopysueJimProflo1Feybrandor
  • CC4 Suggestion - make importing templates into existing maps a direct process, skipping the "create map" phase...

• You can currently click on a template, the fct file, and it loads into CC3+.

• brandorbrandor Traveler

Ah, ok ... if the "File Insert" only inserts new ones and does not update existing ones, updating does not seem quite so trivial. So it's better to complete the template first before creating maps with it. Many thanks for the information :)