Remy reaches the station at last (PF Blog posting)!

I spotted today that Remy Monsen has just posted the final segment in his three-part look at mapping railways at battlemap scale using CC3+, and really just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this examination of practical mapping based on real-world sources. There are links to the earlier parts, from May and June 2023, at the end of this new blog piece as well. I know I could comment there, but such comments tend to get easily overlooked, and this is an interesting, and very useful, group of articles, like many on the blog.

If anyone's needing more inspiration for drawing rolling stock especially, don't forget too to check out what's available by way of scale drawings from actual railways which abound in the model railway world, as well as via museum and heritage railway sites, many of which are freely available to download online, albeit as Remy mentioned, those prior to the early 20th century are in shorter supply.

Plus, as Chaosium will be launching a KickStarter for the boardgame of their huge "Call of Cthulhu" roleplaying-game scenario "Horror on the Orient Express" next year, for release in 2025, this might be no bad time to brush-up on your railway carriage design skills 😉!

LoopysueJimPEdE