Understanding Fog of War Effects

Hey Everyone. I'm doing some mapping and now that I have a better grasp of CC3+ I want to be able to do some "fog of war" effects. This is sci-fi where the players walk around in large robots that carry "headlights" and various sensors. What I want to do is set up the map so everything is dark, and then they are able to "see" based on where they are looking (we created tokens with a clear front and back on them). However, I can't seem to find a good tutorial on how to set this up.

I created extra layers on my sheets for lighting and shadows (not sure if they're actually going to be needed or not) and I set up the RGB Matrix but the shadowing created by it was uneven and left some spots lighted for no real reason I could see.

This is the central lift area of the circular tower the PCs are in

What I want to do is shadow the whole thing in darkness, and then light up where the spots are pointed, and then add colored lights to the "atrium" area outside. I've tried using wall shadows and it seems like everything except a drop shadow always has the light source coming from the upper left of the map. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS in advance!

Tagged:

Comments