Questions about Blueprints (SS3)

I’ve been playing with the blueprints part of SS3 and have come across an odd anomaly, or odd to my mind at least. From the screenshot below you can see that the vector symbols for the majority of the bedroom furniture are absolutely mammoth. The same applies to the kitchen cookers, baths - those are the ones I’ve come across in the .fsc files. Why are they that big? I have had to size down to 0.0004 to have a hope of them fitting into my floorplan.

Another quick query - why aren’t there any classic/old fashioned architectural symbols like the one I found showing the maximum space needed for a door including its span as it opens? I took this from a Google search by the way.

JimP

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

If all the symbols are massive to the same extent it may be time to check the size of your map and make sure you have it correct to the scale of 1 foot = 1 map unit, or one metre = 1 map unit.

With a style like this one it is easier to make your own new symbols, such as dimensions, by drawing the first one and making a symbol of it. However, if they are all going to be different non-standard lengths you might want to draw them as lines in the map.

JimP